|Position:||Project Services Manager|
|Salary:||GBP44800 - GBP67200 per annum + annual bonus, car/car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: £44,800 - £67,200 depending on skills and experience + bonus + car/cash allowance
Working Pattern: Fixed Term - 12 months | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible working options available
About the Department
SSE Renewables (SSER) is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future, we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
Our Capital Projects teams are responsible for developing and building our Renewables Assets, both onshore and offshore with a focus on maximising the value of our current pipelines, whilst pursuing new markets.
What is the Role?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the SSE Renewables Projects Services team to support the development and construction of an investment portfolio of Offshore and Onshore Capital Projects, to drive significant Business Growth in the UK, Ireland and Internationally.
The Project Services Manager (PSM) is responsible for the management of Project Controls, Project Planning, Risk Management, Workforce Planning, Document Control, and Governance / Reporting on Large Capital Project(s).
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Planning/Programme Management: Lead the Planning team and P6 Programme ensuring clear, timely and accurate information is provided to Project Management, the Joint Venture (JV) Board and Lenders to support objective, evidence-based decision making.
- Project Controls: Lead effective Programme Baseline Management (Schedule, risk and cost), ensuring the Baseline is captured, maintained and managed throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Risk Management: Proactively lead Risk and Opportunity Management, ensuring the Risk Register is managed and regular Quantitative Risk Analysis is performed in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Resource/Workforce Planning: manage the Consolidated Resource Forward Load on a monthly basis, ensuring headcount budget is managed within budget and highlighting any resource gaps and issues.
- Document Control: Lead the Document Control team and all aspects of Document Control on the Project.
- Governance and Reporting: Produce and consolidate Executive Management Reporting, metrics and KPIs for Project Management and key stakeholders, including the project JV Board, shareholders and lenders (e.g. JV Board Packs, Project Directors Reports (PDRs), LCP Reporting etc.).
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you should be an experienced PMO / Project Controls professional with extensive experience leading PMO/Project Controls on Large Capital Projects and leading multi-disciplinary teams within the offshore wind or energy sector.
We're looking for someone with significant experience and subject matter expertise in PMO / Project Controls (e.g. Primavera P6, Project Planning, Risk Management, Governance, Change Control, etc.), but more importantly, you'll need outstanding people and stakeholder management skills.
You should be degree educated in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Business etc.) and ideally hold a Professional qualification in Project Management (e.g. ChPP, PMQ).
This role requires proven ability in negotiating and influencing across all areas of the business, but more so at senior stakeholder level.
Your capability to bring people on board, manage change and show them what good looks like will be essential to your success in this role.
You'll pride yourself on being an innovator and won't be afraid to do things differently in order to improve efficiencies and performance.
You will be results oriented, with attention to detail and a drive to succeed.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Please be aware if you are successful, you will be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.