|Salary:||GBP32700 - GBP49100 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: £32,700 to £49,100 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role?
Seagreen is a multi-billion-pound offshore wind development and construction project, and as the Project Planner, you will be part of a team responsible for management of the overall Project schedule. You'll work closely with the Seagreen Project Services team, Project and Package Managers, and the wider Capital Projects Team to ensure delivery of a successful project.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Managing the Programme schedule (Primavera P6) for one of the three principle contracts on the Seagreen project, ensuring clear, timely and accurate information is provided to Project Management, the Joint Venture (JV) Board and Lenders.
- Support the wider Seagreen planning team on all other aspects of the Programme schedule, including internal activities and the remaining project contracts.
- Support the development of the detailed project Execution programme, integrating Contractor programmes, internal Project Management, Financing and Engineering activities, and Regulatory/Consenting requirements, ensuring alignment with key project milestones and schedule drivers.
- Undertake analysis of Delay Events notified within Contractors Claims to determine the validity of these claims.
- Support Programme Baseline Management and Change Control throughout the Project Lifecycle.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you must have extensive Project Planning experience, working within large, multi-contract Engineering and Construction projects, including building fully integrated complex activity networks.
A background in offshore wind would be advantageous, however this is not essential.
You must be highly skilled in the use of Primavera P6 planning software and have the ability to carry out delay analysis, analysis of schedule implications of contractor claims and running 'what-if' scenarios, along with schedule risk analysis.
You pride yourself on your strong interpersonal and communication skills, allowing you to work effectively with all levels of seniority and provide them with clear and concise information that will assist senior management decision making.
The following skills and experience will be beneficial, however not essential;
- Formal Project Management qualification, such as Prince2, APM PMQ / IPMA level D.
- Experience of using qualitative and quantitative modelling methods.
- An understanding of other Project Planning software suites.
- Knowledge of Offshore Wind projects.
- Experience of working as part of a joint venture delivery model
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.