|Position:||Project Managers - Transmission Capital Delivery Projects|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + pension contribution + annual bonus + car allowance
Working Pattern: Permanent | Flexible working patterns available
Over the next 5 - 6 years Scottish Hydro Electric (SHE) Transmission plc will be developing and delivering some of the largest and most exciting infrastructure projects in Scotland and this is the opportunity for you to be involved.
With a business plan to deliver over £2bn of investments between 2021 and 2026 there has never been a more exciting time to join us. Whether you are a Project Manager with a wealth of experience in this industry, looking to move from another part of the construction or utilities sector, or taking your first steps into project management having gained experience in an appropriate profession - we could have the ideal next role for you.
About the Department
Transmission are part of the SSE Group and operate under licence as Scottish Hydro Electric (SHE) Transmission plc, responsible for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland. We own and maintain the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network comprises of underground cables, overhead wooden poles, steel towers and electricity substations, and it extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain.
What is the Role?
In Transmission, we have seen unprecedented growth in renewable generation in the north of Scotland over last decade which has triggered significant investment in growing and improving our transmission network. As we now approach a new price control period, we are planning for a continued level of growth to accommodate both the renewable energy sector but also the maintenance and phased replacement of some ageing assets.
We have an exciting opportunity at present for at least two new Project Managers to join our team, responsible for the successful delivery of large High Voltage transmission projects to cost, quality and time.The projects will involve the construction of High Voltage infrastructure in Northern Scotland or the Islands and the successful candidates could be responsible for one of more projects typically valuing between £10M and £150M (depending on experience). You will be expected to be a natural leader and will be given a wide span of responsibilities;
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team of individuals with specialism in engineering, construction, planning/scheduling, commercial, risk, quality, health and safety, land and wayleaves, legal, communications and engagement, environment and administration/document control; this team will also be based at a variety of locations.
-Ensure a high level of site presence from the project teams during the construction phase, and work to ensure all project team members (including contractors) are supported and developed to safely, sustainably and efficiently deliver projects.
- Represent the Transmission business and projects across the SSE business and externally to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Build and maintain productive and enduring relationships with Contractors, Stakeholders, Communities and the public to support the sustainable delivery of the projects that you are responsible for
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and internal regulations, processes and governance
- Identify business improvements and where required support colleagues and the business to develop, test, implement and verify business improvements.
What do I need?
To ensure you get the most from these roles, we ask that you have:
- Experience in our industry, or construction, or the utilities sector on major projects.
- Have a strong engineering and construction knowledge including the safety and CDM regulations.
- Experience of the reporting and management requirements that come with such a role and have a proven track record in successful delivery.
- An understanding of developing and managing integrated project programmes.- Ideally have experience of personally being responsible for the delivery of large capital projects
- Ideally understand the tendering process for the purchasing and engagement of suppliers including multi-disciplinary contracts.
- Ideally have experience of, but at least an understanding of the need to accurately control cost forecasting.
- A qualification in electrical, mechanical, or civil Engineering would be great, however is not essential. Furthermore, it would also be preferable if you hold a professional registration or qualification, such as Chartered Engineer, APM, or are working toward the same or similar.
- Due to the need to travel between our offices and sites throughout central and northern Scotland there is a requirement for you to have a full, current driving licence.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch at sse.
The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.