|Position:||Project Managers - Transmission Capital Delivery Projects|
|Salary:||GBP36900 - GBP56500 per annum + bonus, car|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base: Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: £36,900 to £56,500 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus + car allowance
Working Pattern: Permanent | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Transmission operates under licence as Scottish Hydro Electric (SHE) Transmission plc, responsible for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland. We own and maintain the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network comprises underground cables, overhead wooden poles, steel towers and electricity substations, and it extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain.
What is the Role?
In Transmission, we have seen unprecedented growth in renewable generation in the north of Scotland over last decade which has triggered significant investment in growing and improving our transmission network. As we now approach a new price control period, we are planning for a continued level of growth to accommodate both the renewable energy sector but also the maintenance and phased replacement of some ageing assets. In summary, these are exciting times in Transmission, and it is a great time to join a growing team and become part of the energy sector as we strive towards #netzero.
We have exciting opportunities for two new Project Managers to join our team, responsible for the successfully delivery of large High Voltage transmission projects to cost, quality and time. The projects will involve the construction of High Voltage infrastructure in Northern Scotland or the Islands and the successful candidate could be responsible for one of more projects typically valuing between £20M and £100M. You will be expected to be a natural leader and will be given a wide span of responsibilities such as;
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team of individuals with specialism in engineering, construction, planning/scheduling, commercial, risk, quality, health and safety, land and wayleaves, legal, communications and engagement, environment and administration/document control; this team will also be based at a variety of locations
- Ensure a high level of site presence from the project teams during the construction phase, and work to ensure all project team members (including contractors) are supported and developed to safely, sustainably and efficiently deliver projects
- Represent the Transmission business and projects across the SSE business and externally to a wide range of stakeholders
- Build and maintain productive and enduring relationships with Contractors, Stakeholders, Communities and the public to support the sustainable delivery of the projects that you are responsible for
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and internal regulations, processes and governance
- Identify business improvements and where required support colleagues and the business to develop, test, implement and verify business improvements.
What do I need?
To ensure you get the most from your role, we ask that you have experience in our industry, of construction, and ideally specific knowledge of electricity networks. Specific knowledge of the SHE Transmission business would be preferable but is not necessary. You'll have worked in a similar role before and have experience of managing large capital projects and large project teams. Ideally, you'll have experience of the reporting and management requirements that come with such a role and have a proven track record in successful delivery.
You'll have strong engineering and construction knowledge and will understand the tendering process for engagement of material and contractor support. Lastly, a qualification in electrical, mechanical, or Civil Engineering would be great, however not essential. Furthermore, it would also be preferable if you hold a professional registration or qualification, such as Chartered Engineer, APM, or are working towards the same or similar.
Due to the need to travel between our offices and sites throughout central and northern Scotland there is a requirement for you to have a full current driving licence.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks.
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch at sse.