|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Cardiff, Reading or Perth
Salary: £53,681 - £62,405 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 12-month Fixed Term Contract or Secondment | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
We have an opportunity for a Project manager to join the team to support the delivery of projects related to regulatory and industry change. Your responsibilities will include:
- Simultaneous delivery of one or more projects to the required quality and success criteria ensuring timelines and budgets are met.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships across all project and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly, and information is disseminated as appropriate.
- Proactively manage and take ownership of all elements of the projects and their governance, including risks, issues, dependencies, reporting, documentation and application of delivery framework.
- Stakeholder & Third-party management, including interfacing with Industry, where required.
- Analyse problems, action and progress issues as appropriate, ensuring follow through to resolution.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience working in a complex regulated environment in a project or programme delivery role.
- Extensive demonstrable experience managing and delivering projects successfully from end to end, across the whole project lifecycle.
- Strong stakeholder management, with an ability to work at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience managing complex projects with budgets up to £5M, and experience of managing more than one project at a time.
- Relevant practitioner level qualification required. Preferred qualifications to include PMP (Project Management Professional), PRINCE2, Agile, Scrum Master.
About our Business
The race to net zero is intensifying for businesses of all sizes. Sustainable decisions made today can meet customers' changing needs for tomorrow and bring long-term success for businesses. Part of SSE plc, the UK and Ireland's largest renewable electricity generator, SSE Energy Solutions is different as all its renewable electricity is sourced from SSE's own UK wind and hydro assets.
In addition to providing gas and electricity to businesses across the UK, SSE Energy Solutions invests in, builds and connects localised flexible infrastructure to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. SSE Energy Solutions works with its customers to deliver financially robust plans to bring flexibility and diversity to their energy infrastructure - the low-carbon solutions they need to succeed in the race to net zero.
Whats in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement (including public holidays), enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Lynsey on or on 01738 340426.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.