|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: UK Wide - will be required to attend meetings in Reading on an add hoc basis
Salary: Up to £58,000 Depending on Experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
About the Department
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
What is the Role?
The Project Manager will support the Head of Delivery with the management and lead of projects associated with Distributed Energy. These projects can be multi-disciplined across Heat, Electric Vehicles, Distributed Energy, Private Wire & Multi Utility. The Project Manager will be tasked to manage a variety of these projects depending on size and value of project.
The PM will ensure that all Operational, Commercial and Financial tasks relating to project delivery has been completed to an exceptionally high level. Ensuring that business policies & procedures have been followed and would stand to scrutiny.
What do I need?
- General understanding of SSE Group activities and that of Enterprise Distributed Energy.
- General understanding of the Energy Markets in the UK.
- Solid understanding of the Distributed Energy Market.
- Good working knowledge of Large Capital Projects Governance.
- A clear understanding of the regulated electrical DNO (DSO) market structure.
- An understanding of the IDNO business and its regulatory requirements imposed by Ofgem.
- A solid working knowledge of the regulatory requirements around all Lloyds registrations across all Utilities
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- A thorough working knowledge of Utilities. Specialising in one or more discipline.
- Harmony/Oracle System experience desired but not essential.
- Outstanding Project Management capabilities (ie. Estimating & planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management.
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Project.
- Prince 2 practitioner or equivalent. Or certified associate in Project Management.
- A proactive SMSTS applicator. Understanding and accepting the pre-requisite responsibilities associated with the accreditation.
- Good understanding of agile project management methodologies.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Proactive positive approach
- To be able to multi task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high pressure, competitive environment.
- Strong communicator, ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent analytical skills, to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions.
- Credible, ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Confident, comfortable with interacting with Senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.