|Salary:||GBP51125 - GBP62405 per annum + Car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Berkshire, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire
Salary: £51,125- £62,405 depending on experience + car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
In this role you will be responsible for the successful project delivery of a range of connections. Projects will include major new connections and network improvement associated with these connections and network diversions at a HV and EHV voltages (11kV, 33kV and 132kV):
- Managing a portfolio of connections projects to time, cost and customer satisfaction.
- Issuing each contract package to our Framework Partner ensuring compliance, cost management, project tracking and accuracy of information to efficiently deliver connections project.
- Driving profitability and opportunity through excellent customer service, identifying areas of improvement to work collaboratively with the delivery partners and wider business.
- Ensuring project documentation including gate papers and contracts along with supporting information are compliant, maintained and complete through each phase of the project life cycle in line with SSEN processes.
- Providing support to both our customer and delivery partners through excellent stakeholder engagement to ensure the projects proceed safely, efficiently and to plan.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Awareness and understanding of SSE connections methodology and licensing conditions that relate to connections activities and our regulatory framework including knowledge of Statutory, regulatory and licence requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the operation and management of an NEC3 contract and the various interactions with the delivery partners.
- Project management skills; managing multiple workloads, finance and project planning and a Prince 2 practitioner - or other industry recognised qualification.
- Sound business and technical knowledge of electricity distribution or similar market sector.
- Excellent communication, planning, organisational and problem-solving skills.
It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full, current driving licence.
Training will be given to the successful candidate if further operational training and experience is required.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.