|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Wexford
Salary: €48,500 - €72,700 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Thermal complements our renewables business to support the transition to a low-carbon economy by 2030. We embrace an innovative and inclusive culture and operate a flexible generation fleet that can respond quickly to market changes.
What is the Role?
As Project Engineer, you'll provide a comprehensive, professional engineering service that ensures the safety, reliability, flexibility and efficiency of plant and equipment is maintained to meet the Company's requirements. You'll play a key role within the Engineering team, and you'll be expected to make significant contributions to the short and long-term station strategy including input to the station business plan.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Understanding and strategic management of the asset integrity of the stations assets.
- Definition and instruction of proactive maintenance and associated resource planning, budgeting and contractor management for station assets.
- Delivery of capital and station projects in alignment with the SSE and station strategies including financial justification preparation, specification, procurement, implementation and commissioning.
- Management of plant outages in line with SSE's outage excellence framework
- Management of multidiscipline projects from inception through to handover to operations and maintenance
What do I need?
Due to the nature of the role, we are looking for you to have some specific skills and experience such as;
- Equivalent qualification or relevant experience in an appropriate engineering discipline such as Civil, Mechanical or Control and Instrumentation.
- Significant experience of Power Station/industrial engineering or maintenance.
- Project management experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of plant and equipment
- Knowledge of power station/industrial operational philosophy and equipment
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary projects consisting of civil, electrical, mechanical and C&I disciplines.
- Experience of managing contractors, performing installation, maintenance and commissioning on critical systems of plant, ensuring work is carried out to the required standard, in a safe manner and a timely fashion.
- Competent in the use of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) (Maximo) for work management and procurement
- Understanding of and compliance with all aspects of the company SHEMS
- Understands and seeks to continuously improve customer service and supplier/contractor relationships
- Awareness of customer and business leaders relationships and needs
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.