|Salary:||GBP42691 - GBP49626 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Inverness
Salary: £42,691 - £49,626 + car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As a Project Engineer your duties will include:
- Issuing of safety documents to internal staff and external contractors.
- Planning and programming of work to deliver projects on budget and on time.
- Day to day safety of our teams and promote a strong safety culture.
- Efficient delivery of both Overhead Line and underground cabling projects.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Ideally authorised to Senior Authorised Person level or actively working towards this.
- You'll have a regard for safety and embed yourself in our safety culture, adhering to guidelines in everything you do as a key priority.
- Outstanding customer relationship skills and a commitment to providing a high-level service is essential coupled with an ability to liaise comfortably with key stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
- Experience in both overhead line and underground cable networks with an appreciation of basic Power Systems Protection.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 340954.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.