|Salary:||GBP38073 - GBP49626 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Orkney, Kirkwall Depot
Salary: £38,073 - £49,626 depending on experience + Cash allowance or car alternative + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Our SSEN Distribution Commercial and Connections teams are the first point of contact for customers wishing to have a new electricity connection, increase the size of their existing connection, install generation, or move the equipment supplying their property. We're here to help whether our customers are building a single home, housing development, industrial development, generation development or independent distribution network. Our responsibility is to respond to challenging changes in our licence obligations, growing levels of competition and play a key role in progression to a low carbon future.
- Responsible for managing the engineering side of projects to ensure we are building a robust and fit for purpose network to meet the company and government strive to net zero
- Using your leadership, organisational, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Engaging with delivery Project Managers to ensure all stakeholders in the connections process have a clear understanding of their requirements from an engineering side of the delivery process
What do I need?
- To ensure you get the most from your role you'll have a sound working knowledge of the electrical distribution industry. Experience and knowledge of operating the LV, 11kV and 33kV network is essential, ideally you will have full SAP authorisations.
- You'll be confident managing multiple outputs within the team and indirect reports; furthermore, you'll have previous experience of both people and customer management with a proven track record for delivering work safely, on time and within budget.
- Whilst the above skills and experience are important, we also have several personal competencies that we look for in our employees, you'll have a regard for safety and embed yourself in our safety culture, adhering to guidelines in everything you do as a key priority.
- Outstanding customer relationship skills and a commitment to providing a high-level service is essential coupled with an ability to liaise comfortably with key stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
For this role you must have a full, current driving license.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 340954.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.