|Salary:||GBP61100 - GBP91700 per annum + car allowance + performance-related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Any North SSEN location including Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth, Dundee and Glasgow
Salary: £61,100-£91,700 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + private medical + a range of benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN is looking to recruit Project Directors to be a key part of the Large Capital Delivery Directorate. Reporting to the Head of Programme Delivery, the Project Director will manage the execution of capital projects through the stage gate process. The role will lead a large portfolio (greater than £200m) of projects across a geographical area in the SSEN Distribution area, managing a project team with the aim of providing safe delivery and on time in a consistent manner with effective financial, quality and risk management including;
- Be responsible for the management of an integrated delivery team for the development, refinement and delivery phases of all associated works contained within a portfolio of Grid Supply Point work banks in the SHEPD license area. Each will have a programme value of £200m to £300m over the ED2 period.
- Provide customer focus and robust contract and commercial management through the management of internal and external delivery mechanisms, ensuring clear structure and points of interaction.
- Ensure all development projects are ready to enter construction and taking schemes through gate process. Ensure strategy, objectives and KPIs are in place to enable successful project portfolio delivery.
- Commercial assessment of projects including the evaluation in terms of value and risk, including periodic forecasting across the capital portfolio.
- Guide, motivate, manage and develop the project team to ensure that a strong, competent and capable team are in place and engaged and motivated to deliver. Ensure that all Lead Project Managers (PMs) and PMs are set relevant and challenging objectives with personal development plans in place to support their delivery.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Proven project management expertise and understanding of major infrastructure projects delivery including project definition and set up, planning, cost, risk, quality and commercial management.
- Deep understanding and experience of financial planning for capital projects and comfortable in negotiation with strong commercial focus.
- Ability to lead and co-ordinate a number of project managers in order to ensure the best possible commercial outcome & distribution of risk, whilst motivating a team of multi-disciplined individuals, setting clear goals and objectives and measuring performance against them.
- Substantial knowledge of planning requirements & commercial drivers for major capital projects.
- Knowledge of construction practices for major capital projects and experience of delivering large capital projects.
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jim on 01738 341514.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.