|Position:||Project Development Manager|
|Salary:||Car/Cah Allowance and Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: London / South of England
Salary: up to £80,000 plus benefits (including bonus and pension)
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, with flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Enterprise develops, invests in and owns and operates energy infrastructure for the long-term. We are in a unique position to deliver distributed energy services, drawing on our expertise to create solutions tailored specifically to each individual business energy needs. Whether its reducing costs, creating new revenue streams, increasing network resilience, achieving environmental commitment, or mitigating risks, we've got what it takes to improve our customers approach to energy use and to future-proof their business. We bring capital, expertise and a long-term partnership approach to the market.
This is an important role in our rapidly growing Distributed Energy team, originating and completing strategic business development. We develop distributed generation including providing solutions to the local grid and to industrial and commercial customers. This role will be focused in particular on originating and developing project pipeline, in particular in distributed solar PV and flexible power assets (i.e. battery and gas), including working closely with and managing partners and supply chain.
We are developing targeted distribution connected projects. Your role will be to originate and qualify opportunities, including both project / asset acquisition and targeted project origination and early stage development with partners (especially solar PV). Key to success in doing this in the near term will be working with partners, developers and investors in the market.
You will therefore bring experience in originating, qualifying and developing distributed power and energy projects in the UK, and track record in managing partnerships and supply relationships. It is essential that you bring a network, experience in the solar and flexibility sectors and deal experience.
As well as originating, defining and building a pipeline of projects, you will be responsible for developing and managing partner and stakeholder relationships, conducting due diligence on projects and delivering value to the business by progressing the best opportunities through development and governance milestones.
Your Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in business development and project development in the energy sector: power / gas / carbon markets, planning and permitting, grid connections, land agreements.
- Strong commercial acumen to identify commercial opportunities and risk and to understand and deliver the requisite business model structures in conjunction with the commercial and finance team.
- Good knowledge of the energy and power markets, and related policy and regulatory regimes in the UK is essential, with knowledge of both distribution networks and power generation and battery storage solutions.
- Well connected with an extensive network in the UK energy / renewables / storage markets. Expert knowledge and development experience in the evolving distributed energy market and the needs of the Industrial and Commercial sectors is essential.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Experience in development and commercial roles within the distributed energy industry, with sufficient exposure to financing and commercial aspects.
- Deal and negotiation skills.
- A good understanding of related commercials, legals, power project economics, corporate finance, M&A transactions and asset acquisitions.
- An engineering background is not essential. However, you will need to be able to work with technical and economic concepts with regards to distributed energy solutions and all relevant matters pertaining to applicable legislation, in particular safety, health and the environment.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Entrepreneurial, driven and flexible. Inquisitive and able to challenge convention and deliver results.
- Able to make and communicate project decisions swiftly and to mentor an expert team.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organisational skills and able to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with different audiences and levels (MD and boards, clients, partners, down to junior team members)
- Able to build and sustain working relationships with key stakeholders at various levels of internal/external stakeholders
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.