|Position:||Project Development Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP47872 - GBP55653 per annum + Car allowance and Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Scotland, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key Scotland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen and Inverness.
Salary: £47,872 - £55,653 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Hydro Programmes Development Team are privileged to be responsible for sustaining and growing the SSE Renewables Hydro business. This includes refurbishments of the existing hydro fleet and development of future value projects to maximise the flexibility and revenue of the assets in a changing electricity market.
We have opportunities for Project Development Engineers within our Hydro Programmes Development team to drive forward this objective. This is an exceptional and unique opportunity to contribute to the future success of the business in a rewarding environment. Projects will be delivered in accordance with the requirements of SSE's Large Capital Projects (LCP) Governance Framework.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- The management of the development and planning process for projects (where required, under Section 36 of the Electricity Act).
- Management of design and construction phase compliance with the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations: 2015.
- Planning, organising and co-ordinating contract delivery, ensuring completion to budget and schedule. Works can include complex schemes with multi-party interfaces over multiple years and a proven capability is essential.
- The application of technical knowledge to review and refine initial concepts, working towards a design that generates value through safety and operational efficiency improvements.
- Managing the development and delivery of budgets and associated financial management and control; including reporting of complex multiyear works.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we are looking for you to be a motivated individual with the necessary skills and experience to manage the development and delivery of Hydro refurbishment and future value projects.
We'd also love you to have;
- Experience either in an engineering discipline or a planning and development background.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully within small teams.
- Knowledge of the development and planning process for infrastructure projects.
- Experience of managing technical and functional specification preparation and contracting the delivery of design services, Environmental Consultants / Environmental Impact Assessments and new equipment. Experience in managing quality in this context is considered an advantage.
- A solid understanding of risk assessment and establishing control measures across a broad spectrum of potential scenarios and the capacity to manage these matters.
- Experience in the development and delivery of contract related documentation including works scope, functional specifications, and design documents as well as final, as built documentation.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Louise at Contact Recruitment.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.