|Position:||Programme Manager - Electricity Network Access|
|Salary:||GBP44100 - GBP66100 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSEN offices or depots around the UK.
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + Performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Fixed Term Contract (12 months) | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN is introducing new ways of connecting to and using our networks so we can offer and manage network access efficiently and flexibly. The Programme Manager will report to Head of Network Operations and will be accountable to the DSO Steering Committee and related Technical Authority. In this role you will:
- Establish, baseline, and adapt a coordinated programme to meet the requirements of Ofgem's Access Significant Cost Review (SCR) and related commitments.
- Inform, consult and make recommendations on implementation of Ofgem's direction.
- Identify optimal mix of short-term tactical solutions alongside longer-term strategic objectives.
- Coordinate resources, technical and specialist input, and project planning across DSO projects.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Solid project and programme management capabilities within a regulatory environment.
- A good understanding of engineering and commercial processes for assessing connections to networks and broader ongoing network development.
- Awareness of the key stakeholders and what is important to them - across electricity, electricity distribution, energy ancillary services/flexibility and energy systems digitalisation
- Proven experience of working with large amounts of technical and industry information and aligning to appropriate stakeholder reports/communication media.
- Experience of regulatory reporting frameworks, consultation groups and advisory panels.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stacey on 01738 342529.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.