|Salary:||Annual Bonus + Shift Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Keadby Power Station, Scunthorpe
Salary: £31,972 - £42,224 depending on skills and experience + Annual Bonus + Shift Allowance
Working Pattern: 3.5 year Fixed Term Contract, Twelve Hour Shift Rota
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
About the Department
Thermal complements our renewables business to support the transition to a low-carbon economy by 2030. We embrace an innovative and inclusive culture and operate a flexible generation fleet that can respond quickly to market changes.
Keadby Power Station is a member of SSE's Thermal Energy directorate. Its aim is to make a contribution to the fulfilment of SSE's core purpose and achievement of its financial goals.
What is the Role?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for highly motivated individuals to undertake the duties of Production Technician. The key responsibilities will include working within a shift team to carry a range of production related duties, including but not limited to:
- Assisting in ensuring the reliable safe production of Keadby in accordance with Company and Statutory requirements by utilisation of all your available skills
- Operation of the site to assist in ensuring financial/ KPI targets are met and compliance is maintained throughout
- Monitoring, managing and reporting on plant status to minimise safety, health, and environmental impact whilst maximising plant efficiency, availability and reliability
- Assisting in the rectification of plant issues, including planned outages and breakdowns in order to optimise the station's availability
- Enacting roles associated with incident/accident control
- Enacting authorised roles under SSE's Safe System of Work to facilitate the application and completion of work
What do I need?
The successful candidates will have operational skills in a process lead business and will be able to demonstrate a level of power plant operational knowledge and a structured thought process to problem solving. You'll have a willingness to learn, can work in a team and have excellent communication skills.
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.