Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Product Designer - UX/UI
Central London, London
GBP55000 - GBP75000 per annum + Pension, Equity, Flex Working
Product Designer - UX/UI
A fast-growing FinTech has created a new, bespoke product that allows regulatory businesses the opportunity to digitalise and scale out. With success bringing growth, they're offering an excellent culture, work/life balance and even equity for design specialists looking to be part of something innovative.
This is a great opportunity to join a tight-knit team of designers, product managers and engineers that work in collaborative, agile teams, focused on solving complex user-software problems.
What will you get to do?
- You'll be a voice for our users and their needs. An internal champion for exceptional product quality and the need for cohesive experiences
- On a day-to-day basis you'll be involved in all parts of the design process. You'll take part in user research, uncovering and documenting underserved user needs. You'll go wide in looking for solutions to user problems, generating multiple low-fidelity potential solutions
- Using your inclusive, open and transparent approach to work, you'll seek out feedback from users, stakeholders and colleagues throughout the design process, receiving in good faith and using new insights to inform the direction of your work
- Your solutions will be simple and elegant and make use of the innovative design system which you will help to maintain and evolve.
What will you bring?
- Excellent interaction design skills: You'll have an understanding of multi-step and cross-platform flows. Proficiency in sketching and wireframing features and user journeys, and an understanding for the need to design for different potential states (errors, successes, dead ends)
- Strong visual design skills: layout, visual hierarchy, colour, typography, and iconography
- An understanding of how user research fits into the design process: You'll be aware of different methodologies and when to use them
- Desire to continually learn, develop your skills and evolve as a designer and have the confidence and maturity to experiment with new research and design approaches as well as new methods and tooling.
- Working knowledge of Sketch
The perks are varied and in-line with their culture of accountability and offering genuine support and a work/life balance. The usual stuff, such as pension, paid holiday and gym membership is there. But so are the things that aren't everywhere - but should be - like flexible working, annual L&D budget for professional or personal development, subsidised access to products and services (including health services) and equity, so you can succeed as they do. There's also some frivolous nice to haves, like your birthday off and guest biscuits…
The important stuff is the work and the people, and you'll find this limit testing, cutting edge and truly rewarding.
Location: Central London (Soho)
Salary: £55,000 - £75,000 base + package
Agency: Anson McCade
Pension, Equity, Flex Working