|Position:||Process Improvement Manager|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum + Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Our Group Lean Team are responsible for supporting SSEs business units in building capability, improving productivity and solving problems using Lean Six Sigma methods and techniques. We work hard to help the business implement and embed sustainable change, to ensure a focus on continuous improvement, driving efficiencies and achieving key objectives.
What is the Role?
As a member of the Group Efficiency team, you will play an influential role in progressing SSE's transformation into a Lean Enterprise. You will be exposed to and have the opportunity to gain experience in all of SSE's business units creating a network of key individuals to assist in the advocacy and adoption of Lean.
SSE's overall vision and strategy to be a leading energy provider in a low-carbon world, by creating and delivering value for shareholders and society has created an exciting opportunity where continuous improvement is key to adding value to the business.
You will operate at a senior level, assisting Business Leaders in integrating Lean into their strategic goals and challenge the way the business works with an opportunity to shape the business for the future.
What do I need?
- Strong ability to assess business performance using financial systems and strong numerical and data analytical skills
- Proven track record of delivering business change projects with robust benefit realisation & tracking
- Ability to think CUSTOMER, ensuring a balance between both business and customers outcomes
- Excellent understanding of Business Change methodologies (e.g. Lean Six Sigma)
- Able to monitor progress against targets, and act to manage stakeholder expectations as appropriate
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present complex information and recommendations to various audiences
- Ability to effectively manage conflict/issue resolution and challenge with a positive and flexible attitude
- Sets expectations, tracks and communicates results, and creates environment for accountability for results and actions
- Excellent organisational, project management and planning skills
- Ideally will hold a degree (or relevant business experience)
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.'
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.