|Position:||Power Market Analyst|
|Salary:||GBP37600 - GBP56400 per annum + Performance Related Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'Home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK which includes Glasgow, Perth and Reading. There will also be the need for regular travel to our Perth office.
Salary: Competitive Salary + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Energy Economics team seeks to answer some of the most challenging commercial questions regarding energy markets as they stand today, as well as forecasting and influencing industry change to support SSE Groups role in a Net Zero carbon future. Our work spans a wide range of markets and businesses and feeds into both UK and international projects, current and future. It incorporates both power and gas, renewables and thermal, generation and supply and assets large and small.
Our team combines this broad experience with diverse expertise of economics, regulation, and industry codes, built on a foundation of economic modelling, forecasting and data analytics. These are brought together in the services we provide which include long-term economic and price forecasts, cost and revenue projections, commercial and strategic recommendations, as well as advocacy for change across policy, regulation, and industry codes. This breadth of experience, exposure to senior decision makers in SSE and across industry, and opportunities to be a part of multi-million-pound investment and commercial decisions, provides members of our team with stretching professional development and a toolkit of enhanced skills. In this way, we play our part to deliver a sustainable and secure low carbon future for both SSE Group and GB customers over the long-term.
Some of your key accountabilities as Power Market Analyst will include;
- Develop "bottom-up" forecasts using data analytics, economic assessment and commercial insight.
- Produce analysis to support advocacy regarding industry code modifications and market regulatory changes.
- Provide commercial advice for new generation project investments.
- Areas of responsibility will include network charges, imbalance costs, PPA valuations, as well as other commercial, economic and regulatory issues as they arise.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of data analytics including sourcing, organising and using data for economic and commercial analysis. Expert Excel user, and beneficial to have experience of tools such as Matlab and Python.
- Experience of building economic models and working with uncertainty to provide forecasts.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness with the ability to produce conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to clearly communicate results and recommendations using a range of media.
- Beneficial to have an understanding of electricity market economics, including network charges, power purchase agreements and imbalance costs.
- Support and training will be provided.
About our Business
Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) is the energy markets heart of the SSE Group, securing value for SSE's asset portfolios in wholesale energy markets as we move towards our vision of being a leading energy company in a net zero world. We play a critical role as the short-term energy market asset optimiser, and a long-term energy market adviser, for all SSE's Business Units (across SSE's Wind, Hydro, Low Carbon Thermal, Distributed Energy and Customer portfolios). This role for EPM enables SSE to focus its investment in energy markets capabilities (including Trading, Risk Management, Energy Economics and Advanced Analytics) in one centre of excellence, with these enhanced capabilities supporting value creation and decision making across the SSE Group.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.