|Salary:||GBP51600 - GBP77400 per annum + Car allowance & Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Aberdeen
Salary: £51,600 - £77,400 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Planning Manager will play a vital role in the provision of scheduling management, leadership & subject matter expertise for the Eastern HVDC Joint Venture Programme across SSEN & National Grid. This is a key project in the "Pathway to 2030" delivering onshore electricity transmission infrastructure to deliver the UK and Scottish Governments 2030 targets.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Serve as a thought-leader and innovator in full project lifecycle planning & scheduling and provide leadership in integrating, and communicating current / emerging industry methodologies & technologies.
- Proactively lead the management of top-down planning and scheduling on projects and supervise the baselining and issuance of network-logic-drive schedules, schedule analysis narratives and status reports that motivate and meet the time, and quality needs of the project team to define status, risks, opportunities and corrective actions for implementation and work management.
- Apply practical field experience with planning & scheduling knowledge to identify challenges to the project schedule and suggest mitigation plans.
- Manage and prepare schedule risk analysis to forecast contingencies, to implement contingency management and be familiar with current simulation techniques.
- Establish and maintain technical standards to support quality planning and scheduling and ongoing capability advancement and professional development of departments, teams and individuals.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or related technical field or National Level NVQ5 or equivalent working knowledge. An active membership in at least one professional body or association demonstrating continual professional development is desirable.
- Experience of leading a planning team, developing a positive working atmosphere and actively motivating peers and junior staff.
- Experience of planning on large scale, complex projects throughout the project lifecycle and ideally trained in NEC3 contract management with focus on planning requirements highly desirable.
- A discernible understanding of SSE's business areas, the Energy industry, gained from experience as well as through social/professional networking
- Prior demonstrable implementation and effective use of company-standard planning & scheduling systems and project or program-specific planning & scheduling systems (e.g: Primavera P6).
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.