|Position:||Partnership Funding Manager: Energy Systems|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum + Car/Cash Allowance plus Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth, Edinburgh or Glasgow
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Flexible working patterns available, Full Time (reduced hours will also be considered)
About the Department
The Partnership Funding Manager will sit in the Partnership Funding Team with line management from the Head of Partnership Funding. This team sits within the corporate Sustainability team reporting to the Chief Sustainability Officer. The aims of the team are to coordinate and guide grant based activity across all SSE businesses (SSE Seven) and secure public funding in partnership with project consortium members.
What is the Role?
Partnership funding operates a gate approach to project development from opportunity assessment through to development, refinement and execution. As Partnership Funding Manager, you will work alongside your colleagues in the Partnership Funding Team to influence and shape government funding calls, coordinate, guide and secure grant-based activity across all SSE businesses (SSE Seven).
The role will have a specific focus on developing cross-cutting energy systems projects where we have had considerable success in recent years including: Local Energy Oxford-shire, Bus-2-Grid, Park and Charge, and Peterborough Integrated Renewables Infrastructure.
This will involve development of comprehensive project bids involving multi-disciplinary teams which include internal departments across finance; engineering and policy and other specialists. Projects will often be formed by bespoke consortiums comprising of SSE and industrial companies, small-medium enterprises, local governments, NGOs and academics.
You will be responsible for reviewing funding opportunities against SSE's priorities to assess whether the business should apply for external funding; close liaison with SSE business units to inform them of the funding availability; identifying and working with external partners to convene consortia; and developing well informed briefing notes for senior management to secure approval to proceed.
Knowledge of the project lifecycle from opportunity assessment through development, refinement and executive adoption will be required to put into practice the partnership funding team processes.
What do I need?
Core attributes and experience that you will ideally have:
- Degree qualified in a relevant finance/business/technical related subject
- Multidisciplinary experience within engineering, energy economics, renewables business development, project planning and/or energy policy.
- Technical knowledge with some experience of research, development, demonstration and innovation projects.
- Appreciation for the policy drivers affecting the energy sector and sound understanding of public sector funding sources.
- Experience of pulling together high-quality and successful funding proposals to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as confidently coordinate work across teams.
Desirable attributes and experience that would be beneficial to the role:
- Work on energy systems projects in a development, innovation or delivery role.
- Knowledge of public sector institutions and their aims and goals.
- Experience of establishing and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience of close liaison with government and funding agencies.
- Experience of negotiation with funders.
- Experience of collaboration agreements between organisations.
- Understanding of project lifecycle from concept through delivery to completion.
- Experience of project finance and funding compliance issues including state aid.
- Working experience of how the energy sector functions and SSE's role within it.
- A problem solving mindset to fully grasp business challenges and with colleagues translate these into compelling project proposals.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.