|Position:||Overhead Lines Craft Trainer and Assessor|
|Salary:||GBP40658 - GBP49626 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: New Forest Depot or Thatcham
Salary: £40,658 - £49,626 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
- Demonstrate practical skills, coach and monitor progress of learners whilst undertaking practical tasks.
- Monitor training material, packages and practices to ensure business training requirements are met in line with company policy and procedure, giving effective results and acting on feedback.
- Develop and maintain safe working practices for all activities in line with company policy, rules and procedures. Carry out risk assessments for all training activities and coach learners in completion of risk assessment.
- Complete authorisation assessment in line with SSE standard criteria. Undertake trade testing.
- Undertake development projects as required, interacting with other members of the wider team to maintain a consistent approach to training.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Knowledge and technical experience for the relevant craft.
- Experience and qualification in instructing, coaching and assessing.
- Authorised Person or higher for work / operation on Distribution Networks.
- Operational experience in the Power Systems business.
- Excellent Communication, leadership and organisational skills.
About our Business
SSE Human Resources is made up of several operational and specialist teams who strive to help the business to design, develop and deliver their people strategies. We partner with the business to provide expert advice on all people matters, enabling them to get the best out of their teams and equip them to meet the changing demands of our business now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee on 01738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.