|Position:||Operations & Planning Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP57336 - GBP69982 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £57,336 to £69,982 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN Transmission has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Operations and Planning Engineer who will hold the following key responsibilities:
- To ensure that outages are coordinated efficiently, and network security is maintained.
- Arranging operational safety and control room workload within the current year up to day ahead.
- Support development and review of future years outage plans for transition into the current year.
- Carry out system analysis to confirm outage patterns are acceptable and operational queries are managed.
- You will help plan the delivery of transmission projects and maintenance to ensure that the transmission system operates reliably and effectively.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- HNC level qualified in electrical engineering and preferably have a relevant background in Transmission Operations as a Control Engineer, or a Senior Authorised Person, or an Operational Planning Engineer, although other relevant backgrounds will be considered.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of electrical power systems and the related design standards, there will be opportunities to develop your technical skills within the team.
- Technical knowledge and communication skills to engage with project managers, engineers, stakeholders, and National Grid Electricity System Operator to optimise the outage program and find solutions during changing conditions.
- Enthusiasm and ability to integrate with key stakeholders and the skill to challenge the delivery team.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.