|Position:||Operations Electrical Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum + Car/Cash Allowance plus Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Beatrice Offshore Wind Farm - Wick
Salary: £38,600 - £48,000 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future, we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role?
As an Operations Electrical Engineer, you'll be responsible for providing technical knowledge required to manage the integrity of operational assets within your area of expertise, where failure would have a major impact on safety, environmental, and commercial operation of the business. You'll be responsible for providing Safety from the System as a Senior Authorised Person (SAP) under SSE Operational Safety Rules up to 33kV as a minimum. You'll also be involved in all electrical aspects of Offshore Windfarm operations from turbine to grid connection.
This will be a dynamic role interfacing with the Control room and coordinating planned & reactive maintenance along with fault-finding activities as required. Working closely with other members of the Engineering and Operations teams, you'll develop operational procedures and working practices, ensuring safe and effective management of the assets. You'll support the development of relevant engineering standards/specifications and undertake engineering reviews to ensure assets comply with engineering legislation and standards and provide specialist engineering support and advice to Operations team.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Provide Safety from The System under SSE Operational safety Rules (OSR).
- Act as first line support to the Operations and Engineering teams.
- Manage the electrical infrastructure within the wind farm.
- Liaise with and manage external contractors on site ensuring they work to required SSE standards.
- Ensure that the Wind Farm always operates within SSE Environmental, Health and Safety guidelines with the responsibility for the reporting and recording of all Non-conformances
- Work closely with the Lead engineer for maintenance management to develop effective preventative and corrective maintenance routines for the plant.
- Maintain a clear technical record of the condition and status of windfarm Electrical components taking a proactive approach to maintain asset integrity.
What do I need?
We are looking for someone who is qualified to degree level in Electrical Engineering or has equivalent experience in an electrical production environment, holding responsibility for Safety from the System (SAP).
Due to the specialist nature of this role there are a few requirements that we are looking for;
- Qualified Senior Authorised Person (SAP) to 33kV with Sanction for Test preferred, or demonstration of working towards qualification.
- Good technical knowledge and experience within electrical generation.
- Experience of asset integrity risk assessment and providing mitigation solutions.
- A solid understanding of plant operation and appropriate risk controls.
- Working knowledge of appropriate engineering legislation and industry good practice.
- Effective organisation capabilities to deliver quality work to the agreed timescales.
- Commercial awareness in order to understand implications of engineering activities and decisions.
Proficiency in the use of plant SCADA, diagnostic systems and inter plant communications equipment will be necessary.
Full GWO offshore training is required for this position and will be provided.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
Please notify your line manager prior to submitting an application.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.