|Position:||Onshore Wind SHE Advisor|
|Salary:||Car allowance & Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Belfast, Dublin or Galway.
Salary: Up to €70,600 / £45,200 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Onshore Wind Operations SHE Advisor is responsible for providing support, advice, and guidance on all aspects of compliance with the Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) processes and practices across the Onshore Wind Operations Business.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Supporting the onshore wind operations sites across Ireland to achieve compliance with company standards, statutory responsibilities associated SHE and related works management.
- Working with the SSER SHE team to deliver the Safety Family requirements, working with contractors to develop stronger, safer and respectful relationships on site.
- Coordinating the implementation of the Onshore Wind Operations SHE Management System, ensuring that elements of the site SHE management and other delegated responsibilities are regularly audited, reviewed, updated and reflect the sites operations and best practices.
- Guiding the Onshore Wind Operations training planning process, and where required develop, provide, and participate in toolbox talks, team briefings, safety stand downs etc.
- Assisting with incident investigations, ensuring that investigation reports are completed to time and are uploaded onto the SSE incident reporting database, including actions and that incident reviews and lessons learned are conducted and/or shared at all formal SHE meetings.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience gained in onshore or offshore wind, however candidates from other Power Generation backgrounds will be considered.
- A Diploma or higher in a SHE qualification would be beneficial, as would membership of a relevant industry body such as IOSH, and a GWO certification would be desirable. Essential operational training will be provided where required.
- A high level of motivation and the ability to integrate and work effectively within a team.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
Due to the level of mobility required in this role a full and current driving license is essential.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.