|Position:||Onshore Wind Programmes - Project Manager|
|Salary:||GBP44100 - GBP66100 per annum + Car allowance & Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK - Field Based - however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant and London.
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Onshore Wind Programmes Project Manager, you'll be part of a privileged team, responsible for sustaining and growing SSE Renewables Onshore Wind business. This includes optimisation of our existing assets and development of future value projects to maximise the flexibility and revenue of the assets. This role will include managing multi co-location projects across multi technologies e.g. Solar, Battery Storage and Hydrogen, and will be an exceptional and unique opportunity to contribute to the future success of the business in a rewarding environment.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Liaising with the development project managers to ensure the transition from the development to construction phase is unified.
- The management of design and construction phase compliance with the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations: 2015.
- Contract management, where you'll be expected to plan, organise and co-ordinate contract delivery, ensuring completion to budget and schedule. Works can include complex schemes with multi-party interfaces over multiple years and a proven capability is essential.
- Strong stakeholder communication via project review boards and ensuring the project can deliver within the large capital project timelines.
- Managing the development and delivery of budgets and associated financial management and control; including reporting of complex multiyear works.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role we are looking for a motivated individual with the necessary skills and experience to manage the development and delivery of co-location and future value projects. Ideally candidates would have experience either in an engineering discipline or a construction background and will have strong interpersonal skills.
We would also love you to have:
- Knowledge of the development and planning process for infrastructure projects.
- Proven experience of managing major projects through the construction phase and handover to the client.
- Experience in the development and delivery of contract related documentation including works scope, functional specifications, and design documents as well as final, as built documentation.
- A solid understanding of risk assessment and establishing control measures across a broad spectrum of potential scenarios, along with the capacity to manage these matters.
- Financial management experience, and the ability to manage project budgets.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.