|Position:||Onshore Substation Site Manager|
|Salary:||GBP44800 - GBP67200 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: £44,800- £67,200 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | or Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role?
As Onshore Substation Site Manager, you'll be responsible for managing the planning, coordination and monitoring of all construction activities for the Onshore Substation and export cable installation for SSE Renewables Seagreen project. This will also include overseeing all onshore interfaces across packages and contractors.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Implementing the Onshore Site Management Manual, including organisation, roles and responsibilities, meeting structure, plans and procedures.
- Monitoring the delivery of the Contractors Construction programme against the baseline programme to ensure that all key milestones are achieved, including management and coordination of the PCs construction activities being undertaken.
- Implement and follow the quality activities as defined in the Project Quality Plan, Employers Quality Requirements and the Inspection & Test Plan.
- Manage and secure interfaces in regard to Construction/Installation and Commissioning
- Consistently exhibiting a positive behaviour with the SSE Safety Family framework and site rules, leading by example in the management and awareness of safety, health and the environment.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you must be educated to degree level or hold a similar level qualification within civil engineering, accompanied by relevant work experience. Your background should demonstrate extensive experience in construction management, preferably with a focus on onshore activities relating to large scale Wind Farm or Substation projects.
You must be well versed in the construction methodologies applied to onshore substations and offshore wind farm transmission systems and generation assets, as well as Wind Turbine Electrical Safety Rules.
A solid understanding of project management systems and governance arrangements associated to large projects will also be necessary.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
We'll let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with Pamela Fleming
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.