|Position:||Offshore Wind Balance of Plant (BOP) Technician|
|Salary:||shift allowance, annual bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Montrose
Salary: Competitive + shift allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
What is the Role?
Reporting to the Offshore Shift Supervisor the Offshore Wind (BOP) Balance of Plant Technician will be working from the (SOV) Service Operations Vessel on a shift rotation. The main objectives of the role are to maintain the above sea and subsea structures and associated plant and equipment, always with safety in mind, reducing downtime and ensuring compliance.
An additional requirement of the role subject to site requirements is to be authorised as an AP under the Operational Safety Rules and under the (WTSR) Wind Turbine Safety Rules to enable works to be undertaken.
The main responsibilities are:
- Inspection of wind farm components and all (BOP) equipment in accordance with OEM recommendations to maintain statutory compliance. Carry out planned maintenance and defect correction in accordance with maintenance requirements.
- Ensuring that the Wind Farm operates at all times within any Environmental, Health and Safety consent or obligation, The Offshore Wind BOP Technician is also responsible for co-ordinating the safe and effective maintenance of Balance of Plant items which may involve the management of contractors.
- Utilise the 'Maximo' Maintenance Management System for recording planned maintenance activities or defects including control of spare parts. Maintain above sea and subsea structures and associated plant & equipment.
- Carry out Operational switching of the HV network and apply the Operational Safety Rules (OSRs).
- Management of onsite contractors.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Apprenticeship in Electrical, Mechanical, C&I or similar / equivalent.
- Authorisation within Operational Safety Rules, SSOW and can perform duties such as AP under OSRs and AT in WTSR's.
- Knowledge of operational offshore wind farms and associated infrastructure (BOP, WTG and OFTO).
- Fully understanding of offshore work requirements, planning and SHE risks.
- Leadership with strong SHE aptitude.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training, and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie on 01738 275615.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.