|Position:||Offshore Operations Support Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP32900 - GBP49300 per annum + annual bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Lowestoft
Salary: £32,900 - £49,300 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Reporting into the Offshore Turbine Engineering Manager, you'll act as the key interface between Operations & Engineering in relation to delivering and supporting business critical activities.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Ensuring production is maximised as part of the planning & scheduling process by coordinating requirements of Contractors/OEMs and SSER requirements
- Undertaking the role of Control Room Operator and/or Marine Coordinator for strategic or emergency requirements during times of high absence or/and specific campaign requirements.
- Monitoring contractors and undertaking inspections and audits as required on wind turbines
- Liaising between Operations and Engineering teams where specialist support is required
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, we would love you to have;
- Minimum qualification of HNC in a technical discipline and/or with extensive industry experience operating within a similar role
- Operational engineering experience of offshore wind farms, such as diagnostic/problem solving
experience and the capability to resolve system errors in conjunction with the support team.
- Knowledge of Operational Safety Rules & WTSR (Wind Turbine Safety Rules)
- Working knowledge of a control room environment and experience of working with vessels and marine control would be desirable
- The ability to challenge all aspects of Operations and drive efficiency in all areas
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.