|Salary:||GBP33945 - GBP39463 per annum + Car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Scotland based locations (Glasgow, Perth, Inverness, Aberdeen, Oban etc)
Salary: £33,945 - £39,463 + car / car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Working as part of the Learning and Development Team, the non-technical trainers are responsible for the development, design, delivery and evaluation of first-class training in line with the Customer Service and IT Transformation Training and Development Strategy. This strategy supports our key priorities to lead our industry in Customer Service whilst implementing a solid understanding of new technology focused on improving efficiency and enhancing our Customers' experience. The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Delivery of virtual and face to face classroom-based learning.
- Design of new learning interventions.
- Scheduling of training.
- Engaging with business stakeholders to deliver learning requirements.
- Learning evaluation.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to deliver training to large groups of individuals both virtually via Teams and within a face-to-face classroom environment. A confident facilitator and presenter with excellent interpersonal and engagement skills, dealing with people at all levels including senior management.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint with a strong level of IT skills to design and deliver training and also train staff on various systems being introduced as part of IT Transformation.
- Knowledge of the Distribution/Transmission business or similar market, with a good knowledge of the regulatory and economic landscape in which we operate, particularly with regards to focus on customers to ensure that training solutions are in line with our regulatory objectives.
- Experience of designing and delivering training and presentations to a diverse range of people at all levels. With a good knowledge of the Training and Development Lifecycle.
- A full UK driving licence as significant travel will be required (roughly 3-4 days per week).
SSE Human Resources is made up of several operational and specialist teams who strive to help the business to design, develop and deliver their people strategies. We partner with the business to provide expert advice on all people matters, enabling them to get the best out of their teams and equip them to meet the changing demands of our business now, and in the future.
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee on 01738 341523.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.