|Position:||Network Operators Sales Manager|
|Salary:||GBP52800 - GBP79200 per annum + plus Car/Cash Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading
Salary: £52,800 - £79,200 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent Full Time with Flexible working patterns available 37 hours per week
About the Department
SSE Enterprise Telecoms is one of the UK's leading connectivity providers and operate a 12,000+km private telecoms network and 15 data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience, the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a wide range of products and integrated solutions including leading-edge SD-Wan, Ethernet, Optical and dark fibre services.
What is the Role?
To lead the Network Operator sales team to drive business growth within the sector through a clearly defined breakthrough sales strategy.
Working with the Network Operator Sector Director, build a breakthrough sales strategy, activity and objectives to deliver the business cases for planned strategic growth of the core SSEET network.
Establish strong credible relationships with and through your team to specific customers and partners to build the required pipeline to 4 times target within FY 2019/20.
Work with the entire SSEET business development team to develop and deliver new orders to deliver the above targets & ensure targets and objectives are set, communicated and reviewed in line with the 5 year plan for top line growth and margin attainment.
What do I need?
- Leadership and team building skills along with coaching and people development capability
- Strong record of major bid and strategic pipeline management and success, knowledge of strategic selling: Miller Heiman, SPIN, TAS, Holden or similar proven methodologies
- Articulate, confident and tenacious with the ability to self-manage and act on ones own initiative against pre-determined KPIs with strong analytical skills and ability to influence shaping of commercial sales propositions.
- Previous experience in providing commercial input to major RFQ, RFI, RFP responses & excellent verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Literate including the grammatical correctness and structure of written communications
- High level of professionalism with strong presentation and technical qualification skills and able to demonstrate tact and persuasion in both internal and customer discussions or meetings
- Highly organised, disciplined and professional with the ability to work accurately to demanding timeframes.
- Business focused and committed to delivering exceptional results.
- Assertive and confident with a "can-do, will do, want to do" approach.
- Positive, determined and motivated by business challenge.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to collaborative and innovative working.
- Embraces and supports change.
- Able to rationalise and make incisive decisions.
- Must be a team player.
- Flexibility to undertake regular travel in the UK will be required, although role is office based.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
We'll let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with Lesley Dickson.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.