|Salary:||GBP11.40 - GBP15.28 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Salary: £11.40ph - £15.28ph (depending on skills and experience)
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week
We invest millions every year to make sure that our network is in the best condition possible to minimise the risk of power cuts and to ensure the safety of the public. During high winds and storms, trees can contact our equipment and cause power cuts, and so we cut them down or trim them back to keep the lights on. As well as installing the latest technologies and carrying out regular maintenance, we have our in-house tree-cutting team to make sure that trees and vegetation are kept away from our overhead lines and equipment. As part of this work an opportunity has arisen for mulching operators to operate and maintain our new Robocut RC56 mulching machines.
Being part of a cyclical tree cutting programme, you will work with a highly skilled team to manage trees & vegetation near the transmission and distribution network. Working with safety at the forefront of all activities, you will work with your team to evaluate, prepare and carry out tree cutting works on a variety of sites.
Your Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in operating and maintaining mulching machines would be advantageous although full training would be provided
- Previous experience in tree cutting, forestry or arboriculture; similar capacity experience is also considered
- You will also be required to use chainsaws so the relevant NPTC certificate units for the use of chainsaws would be required, and a qualification or certificates including NPTC UA would be a bonus, however not essential
- Knowledge of the electricity network would be beneficial, however for the right applicant, full training will be provided
- You will be comfortable working outdoors.
- You must be willing to stay away from home as the role will require you to work in all 3 of SSEN regional areas
- A full, current driving licence is essential along with trailer towing, categories B + C on your driving licence
- Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities
Whilst the above skills and experience are important, we also have several personal competencies that we look for in our future employees;
- High regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority
- Good communication skills & comfortable liaising with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external
- Good organisational skills with an ability to work to deadlines
- Good customer relationship skills, and a commitment to providing a high level service at all times
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN), our skilled teams operate and maintain our electricity distribution and transmission networks, carrying electricity to over 3.7 million homes across the north of the Central Belt of Scotland and Central Southern England.
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is in offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
The successful candidate will be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.