|Position:||Mobile Maintenance Operative - Plumbing Bias|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Central Belt, Scotland
Salary: circa £29,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
SSE Facilities Management department is looking to recruit a Mobile Maintenance Operative (Plumbing Bias) for Central Scotland to provide a service to the Companys corporate sites in respect of maintenance/service/repairs and installation of a variety of building services. This role will require travel between sites therefore a flexible approach and full driving license is essential.
Key accountabilities include:
- To undertake maintenance repairs, installation or servicing work as detailed by the FM Maintenance Supervisor/FM Maintenance Manager
- Carry out multi skilled activities within the FM remit
- To observe and comply with all SSE work practices and to ensure compliance with the appropriate Health & Safety statutory requirements at all times.
- Carry out site inductions, escort and issue permits for 3rd party contractors attending SSE sites to conduct works.
- Participate in the Companys out of hours emergency Standby Rota as required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous experience working in a commercial FM/Maintenance related environment; you must be able to demonstrate multi-trade experience within a similar role
- Qualified to City & Guilds/SVQ Level 3 or equivalent; multi skilled - Plumbing bias
- Ability to support and contribute to M&E and building fabric maintenance.
- A good knowledge of health and safety legislation & requirements.
- Experience working with various plant such as - Air Handling Units, Air Conditioning, Generators, Boilers, Plumbing, Electrical, UPS and Fire alarm systems.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact hannah. / 01738 341147
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.