|Position:||Mobile Diesel Generation Fitter|
|Salary:||GBP12.18 - GBP15.93 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Inverness, Oban or Perth
Salary: £12.18ph - £15.93ph depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time Hours | 37 hours per week
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) we are keeping our customers lives comfortable, warm and well lit, no matter what. Our focus on people helps us understand the needs of the community and deliver the best service possible. We've worked on our networks for over 70 years to meet the changing needs of our customers. Safety is at the core of everything that we do within SSEN and if it is not safe we don't do it. With all of this in mind, were ready to meet the challenges ahead whilst powering our community.
As part of SSEN we now have a vacancy for a Mobile Diesel Generation Fitter to join the team. Reporting to the MDG Team Manager, this is a great opportunity to be part of a large progressive organisation dedicated to power generation, transmission and distribution.
Your Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate should have:
- Technical Qualifications in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering
- Full driving license and an ability to tow (HGV would also be advantageous)
- Experience of sets up to and including 1250Kva
- Ability to fault diagnose mechanical and electrical faults
- Ability to effect repairs in a timely and safe manner on site and in the workshop
- Experience of Load Testing
- An ability to work individually or as part of a team
- A willingness to take ownership of the role and be self-motivated
- Knowledge of computer software to maintain service records and complete parts orders
- An ability to read and interpret Technical Drawings and literature
- A willingness to mentor and assist co-workers as and when required to maintain team efficiency and morale
- A 'can do attitude and flexibility as the role will require' out of hours working and standby rota.
- Knowledge of electrical networks and possession of Electrical Authorisations is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Working away from home for short periods will be required
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN), our skilled teams operate and maintain our electricity distribution and transmission networks, carrying electricity to over 3.7 million homes across the north of the Central Belt of Scotland and Central Southern England.
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.