|Position:||Mechanical Turbine Engineer|
|Salary:||Car/Cash Allowance and Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Ballyconnell, Co. Cavan is the preferred option. Open to alternative location. Subject to agreement. ROI contract.
Salary: €46,000 - €57,700 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future, we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role?
We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer in SSE Renewables in Ireland North. As a member of the Onshore Wind Renewables Engineering Team you will be part of a team responsible for the asset integrity of wind turbines across several onshore wind farms, providing technical support to Operations and Maintenance teams. You will be required to review and evaluate turbine condition reports to identify emerging issues and recurring trends in order to identify remedial actions.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an emerging and dynamic industry with regular exposure to new and developing technology.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide planned and unplanned technical support including technical and safety investigations.
- Respond to important mechanical plant issues and defects that have taken or have the potential to take plant out of service.
- Monitoring plant health and ensure appropriate response to emergent issues with potentially significant safety and business implications on a risk management basis.
- Review of maintenance practices to identify continuous improvements and targeted maintenance works required to reduce turbine faults and downtimes.
- Perform elements of contract management from specification/scope writing, technical evaluation of contractors proposal, through to planning, setting to work and continuous monitoring of safety and performance.
- Provide direct project management on specific activities required by the business, for Component exchanges, safety and reliability design improvements and retrofits.
- Assist in the development and completion of life extension works on aging windfarms and assets
- Work with relevant departments to develop framework contracts for delivery of key services.
- Assist in preparation and development of budgets for the business department
What do I need?
To be successful in the role, we are looking for the following;
- Higher Certificate level 6 or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or substantial relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of Wind Turbine operation, including mechanical equipment and systems (gearboxes, bearings, hydraulics) is preferable.
- Experience and knowledge of asset management, managing asset risk and developing asset management strategies
- Relevant experience in an operational, maintenance or construction environment.
- Strong commercial awareness and an understanding of the implications of engineering activities and decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be necessary, along with a flexible approach and the ability to manage the assigned workload to deliver high quality work on a consistent basis.
- The ability to demonstrate experience in managing projects and contractors and have a proven track record of delivery, both personally and through others
- Full valid driving license
The position will frequently involve working in remote areas, occasionally working at height - for which training will be given. You will also be required to represent the Wind Generation team in more formal situations and presentation skills are essential.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.'
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.