Mechanical Facilities Engineer - Manufacturing test technology - Huddersfield - contract rate p/h (negotiable)
Working for one the very best manufacturing business in the UK
This requirement is for the Test Technology Function and is aimed at experienced Mechanical Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing, project management and facility change management.
The role is interesting & challenging and very important to the structure of the projects in place.
What you will need to be a successful applicant:
● Test equipment specification and design (use of CREO or similar design software required)
● Experience in material selection and manufacturing methods
● Project Engineering experience
● Previous experience of interpreting test procedures and methods
● Working knowledge of HSE standards to ensure safe working practices
● Effective communication
● Managing complexity - problem solving
College/university degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent, is required. Mechanical or
Chemical Engineering Bachelor's or Master's degree highly desirable.
A working knowledge of data acquisition and mechatronics is desirable
The hourly rate is a good one and is negotiable dependant on experience.
Previous experience of working in a Test environment would be advantageous. You will be supporting turbo testing facilities to ensure equipment is suitably maintained and upgraded to
meet ever changing business requirements. The role will support daily customer requests for
pipe connection adapter and rig designs along with individual aspects of major test cell up fits and overhauls.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer