|Salary:||GBP30272 - GBP35194 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
Base Location: Invergarry / Quoich Power station
Salary: £30,272 - £35,194 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent or Fixed Term Contract or Secondment | Full Time
They key duties and responsibilities of the Mechanical Craftsperson are expected to be:
- Maintaining and Repairing Hydro Generation plant
- Working under a defined safe system of work.
- Plant monitoring and ensuring compliance with our statutory licence conditions
- Maintaining plant availability, achieved through proactive fault response
- Upkeep Operational Hydro structures and associated assets.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Recognised Craft apprenticeship or educational equivalents
- Experience maintaining heavy industrial plant
- Familiarity with Risk assessment process and applying control measures
- Good communication skills and ability to keep accurate records.
- Driving licence
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 342939.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.