|Position:||Marine Consents & Environment Manager|
|Salary:||Car allowance & Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Aberdeen, Perth, Inverness or Glasgow
Salary: Competitive salary dependant on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission are currently recruiting highly motivated and skilled Marine Consents Managers to support the development and delivery of major subsea cable projects around Scotland. SSEN Transmission has in excess of 1500km of subsea cable either in build or in development, the cables provide critical links to the Islands as well as providing the export routes for renewable energy.
The role will report to the Lead Marine Consents manager however there will be a high level of autonomy for the delivery of your projects with the comfort of a robust support framework both within the Marine Consenting team and also from the wider Consents and Environment team, with 35 experienced consents managers, planners and GIS specialists on staff.
The role, subject to experience and capability, will require periodic offshore work, supporting survey and installation activities, as such the candidate will be willing to obtain an ENG1 medical and to attend suitable offshore survival training such as BOSIET.
The Marine Consents Manger is responsible for;
- Identifying and obtaining consents and leases.
- Managing landfall and route selection.
- Commissioning and managing the MEA or EIA process.
- Supporting on major tender events and leading on minor tender events.
- Maintaining a positive relationship with Stakeholders and regulatory agencies, as well as engaging consultants.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable experience of the development, refinement, consenting and installation of subsea cable infrastructure, i.e. power and telecoms cables.
- Knowledge of cable installation, impact assessment and management of marine Environmental Assessments.
- Knowledge and experience using GIS to integrate and understand marine spatial data and the ability to interpret subsea survey data in relation to the consenting process (e.g. MBES, SSS and imagery).
- Experience in marine spatial planning and where possible cable route selection with strong knowledge of relevant statutory requirements and regulations.
- Degree qualified or have the equivalent experience (Marine resource management or environmental planning preferable) in a relevant industry where you have managed the interaction between business and regulatory regimes.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.