Looking for your next role as a Linux System Administrator? Are you interested in working for a Fortune 500 company and a global leader in cutting edge information technology services and solutions, with a dedication to helping clients though their digital transformation journey?
As a Linux System Administrator you will take a pivotal role in a digital transformation program with a base location in London or Gloucester. You will be exposed to an array of different industry sectors including Technology, Media & Telecoms, Aerospace & Defence, Consumer & Retail, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Energy, Utilities, Oil & Gas to mention a few. You will be enabling and guiding clients on their digital transformation journeys, multiplying their capabilities, and helping them to harness the power of innovation to thrive and navigate the future.
* Pro-actively maintain the performance of the system.
* Identification and resolution of performance anomalies and system defects.
* Creation and management of user accounts.
* Implementation and management of security and audit policy.
* Carry out routine system administrative tasks such as patching, back-ups and replacement of faulty hardware.
* Production of Design documents, including Requests for Change (RFC) and Work Instructions (WI).
* 12 months minimum Linux experience as a System Administrator.
* Experience of managing and administering anti-virus, system back up and monitoring tools.
* Strong familiarity with the core tools such as git, ssh, Linux command line and Bash.
* Able to write documentation detailing routine system administrative tasks such as restoring services from back-ups, swapping out unserviceable hardware etc.
* Root cause analysis and debugging to aid in resolution of functional and performance related defects.
* A passion for learning new technologies and innovation.
If you are interested in this position as a Linux System Administrator please submit a CV or contact Nathan at 02077806706.