|Position:||Lead Project Manager - HVDC Converters and AC|
|Salary:||GBP61100 - GBP91700 per annum + Car allowance & Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Inverness, Aberdeen or Glasgow
Salary: £61,100 - £91,700 + car allowance + performance related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Lead Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Executing specific project(s) to deliver key project deliverables up to the project construction phase using NEC-3 Contract including assessing project feasibility, development of options and selection of preferred options. Progress and manage the development of site selections for onshore HVDC Converter Station & GIS substation sites where required.
- Work with Engineering on the selection of appropriate technologies to meet project requirements, coordination of key surveys & studies, coordinating initial design works, acquisition of land rights & wayleaves, submission of Planning Applications.
- Support the coordinating key submissions to the Regulator (Ofgem) for the Project Assessment and other requirements as needed.
- Responsible for the delivery of key project Gate documentation, including project programmes, costs, resource schedules and relevant plans in line with Project Governance Requirements. With this comes the responsibility of building and maintaining productive and enduring relationships with Contractors, Stakeholders, Communities & the public to support sustainable delivery of projects.
- Responsible for maintaining safety, health and environmental performance and standards and assisting with the role of Principal Designer under CDM 2015.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Hold an appropriate Engineering degree, be a Chartered Engineer (or someone working towards this), be well rehearsed in construction health and safety legislation practices with working knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Strong experience in leading project delivery within the Transmission industry, or construction, or the utilities sector on major projects.
- Demonstrable experience in the development, execution and administration of NEC3 contract terms of conditions. Ideally understand the tendering process for the purchasing and engagement of suppliers including multi-disciplinary contracts.
- Experience of the reporting and management requirements that come with such a role and have a proven track record in successful delivery.
- Ideally have excellent project delivery experience in programme, quality and cost control and forecasting and the determination, mitigation and management of risk.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.