|Position:||Lead Package Engineer - Electrical|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Glasgow/Perth/Dublin
Salary: Competitive depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables has a vision to make renewable energy the foundation of a zero-carbon world. Part of the FTSE-listed SSE plc, our strategy is to drive the transition to a low-carbon future through the world class development, construction and operation of our fleet of wind energy generation sites and flexible hydro.
What is the Role
The Electrical Package Engineering Lead is responsible for delivering all design development and construction engineering requirements within a multi £bn Electrical Systems package in line with the project engineering strategy.
The role will require effective management of the multi-discipline project engineering team within the Electrical Systems Package, providing engineering assurances to the Design Authority that the project technology choice and design solution will deliver against stated project objectives and returns.
Some of your key accountabilities will include;
-Technical leadership within the Electrical Systems package team to deliver the engineering design in line with the project engineering strategy
-The delivery of the engineering design in line with the Large Capital Projects governance framework
-Interpreting project objectives and requirements to develop the most appropriate techno-commercial design solution and technology choice.
-The management of 3rd parties for the effective delivery of specific engineering and design works required within the package, and for the quality management and verification of their work and outcomes.
-The management of complex engineering interfaces across multiple project packages.
-Identifying technology and design risk and ensuring appropriate mitigations are developed and implemented in line with the overall project risk appetite
-The resolution of engineering design issues within the package, and escalation where appropriate.
-The coordination of appropriate Technical Authorities for technical support and to provide independent expert opinion and approval across design reviews, key decisions, and risk reviews.
-Preparation of contract project technical documentation and works information for the package
-Input into contract and commercial negotiations with the project supply chain.
-The provision of robust engineering and design information and assumptions for use in project consenting and financial modelling activities.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate communication and reporting requirements across the package to ensure visibility of risks and issues to senior management teams.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you should be a chartered engineer. You should have demonstrable technical knowledge and experience within major projects with an understanding of offshore wind generation, major cabling and substation infrastructure being desirable. You will have experience in working with large scale projects and will be comfortable making engineering-based decisions with significant impact on engineering risk. You'll have a strong commercial acumen and a firm grasp of the context and implications of engineering activities and decisions. We are looking for individuals who have the following:
- An experienced senior project engineer highly motivated and committed to be able to organise and motivate a package engineering team to deliver high quality specialist work.
- Extensive experience within an Offshore Wind Project Electrical Systems environment, and strong understanding of the technical and commercial drivers.
- Experience in managing the design and decision-making process for Large scale projects involving international multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent senior stakeholder management across project and wider business to ensure effective communications and escalation activities.
- Experience of managing the interfaces and technical risk between the key design disciplines of electrical, mechanical and geotechnical engineering.
- Experience in managing the verification and validation processes.
- Experience of managing the initial design through to construction and the importance of detailing for safety and ease of construction.
- Understanding of the logistics in developing and construction of large-scale projects.
- Able to organise team resources within a package without impacting agreed timescales and quality
- You will display excellent communication and interpersonal skills and possess an innovative mind set
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please contact sse.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. Internal candidates, please notify your line manager before you submit your application.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.