|Position:||Lead Land Manager|
|Salary:||Car/cash allowance + annual bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Inverness, Aberdeen or Perth
Salary: £46,000 - £61,000 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission has a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Land Manager to join our Capital Development & Delivery department.
Reporting to the Head of Land Assembly, you will be responsible for leading a team of Land Managers in securing, maintaining and managing robust land and property rights for projects across the Highland and Islands region.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Devising, coordinating and ensuring the successful implementation of Land Assembly Strategy.
- Delivering project programmes for Large Capital Projects across Base Capex, Customer Connections and Strategic Wider Works portfolios as well as managing risk to future Network security.
- Stakeholder engagement is an important element of this role, and you will have a wide array of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with; these stakeholders include landowners, tenants, their agents and relevant bodies such as the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit, Scottish Land & Estates, the National Farmers Union for Scotland, Forestry and Land Scotland and The Crown Estate.
- Safety is our number one priority - a high regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Excellent knowledge of land and property rights, including in-depth knowledge of wayleaves, servitudes and land acquisition/land ownership in Scotland.
- Thorough understanding of the relevant sections of the Electricity Act 1989, the Land Compensation Act 1973 and the Compulsory Purchase Act 1965.
- Expert knowledge of compulsory purchase and compensation systems, with particular emphasis on the necessary wayleave process, rural land and property compensation and of injurious affection claims.
- Understanding of energy networks and their structure and governance and Large Capital Projects governance would be advantageous.
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline and ideally hold Membership of Rural Professional Group of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net-zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact or 01738 342871.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal record and credit check.