|Position:||Lead Development Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Flexible UK base
Salary: Competitive Package including Car/Cash Allowance + Annual Incentive Bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
About the Department
Thermal complements our renewables business to support the transition to a low-carbon economy by 2030. We embrace an innovative and inclusive culture and operate a flexible generation fleet that can respond quickly to market changes.
What are the Roles?
We are currently recruiting for two Senior Project Development Managers to propel SSE Thermals future development plans. One post will focus on developing our CCGT projects, taking projects from concept through to Final Investment Decision. The second post focuses on developing energy from waste projects and the redevelopment of Thermal generation sites which have entered into the decommissioning phase. Both roles will involve the successful applicants in developing their projects with Low Carbon Pathways to aid Thermals transition to a zero carbon generator.
The roles will require you to -
- Lead and motivate a large multidiscipline project team to achieve development goals and milestones over the next 3 years
- Bring drive and focus to the project to ensure the deadlines are met across the consenting, design, procurement and internal governance system
- Obtain planning consent for the development projects allowing for implementation of Post Combustion CCS or conversion to H2 fuelling as appropriate
- Liaise with Local Councils, BEIS, the EA and other statutory consultees during the development and planning/consenting process
- Drive the project business case and focus on key areas to ensure that maximum shareholder value is delivered through efficient design principles to lower Capex and Opex and maximising future revenue potential
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to develop all the necessary works contracts to support the Final Investment Decision
- Secure all internal governance approvals through to and including the Final Investment Decision
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you should be:
- Degree (or equivalent) qualified Engineer with demonstrable power generation experience, and Chartered Engineer status is a distinct advantage
- Highly motivated and eager to lead SSE Thermals Low Carbon Future Development and creating Future Shareholder Value
- Experienced in large capital infrastructure project design, development, consenting, delivery contracts, preferably in power generation
- Understand key inputs and key sensitivities in the typical power generation asset financial model, and keep focused on main value drivers
- Ability to produce high quality executive papers on the project providing concise updates and clearly escalate issues or risks where appropriate and clearly and concisely articulating what support or approval is being requested and comfortable presenting to Senior Directors as requested
- Knowledgeable of key industry challenges, regulatory change and impact on the project investment case
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.