|Position:||Land Consents officer (Surveyor)|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Up to £42,224 depending on skills and experience, plus car
Working Pattern: 37 hours | Permanent | Flexible working patterns available
What is the Role?
As a Land Consents Officer working within the 11/33/132kV Cable Team, you'll be responsible for securing statutory and landowner consents for underground cable and overhead line installations and purchasing/leasing land for operational purposes. This will involve negotiating easements and other agreements with landowners and their representatives together with the preparation of plans and instructions for legal services, dealing with access to land requirements and associated damage claims.
What Do I Need?
To ensure you get the most from your role, and our customers receive the highest standard of service, we ask that you have the following experience;
- Securing consents on cable schemes including 11/33/132kV.
- Liaising with Local Authorities, statutory bodies, customers, land agents and legal representatives.
- Preparing consent documents and resolving disputes with landowners and occupiers.
- Knowledge of surveying, valuation and technical site drawings.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, in both written and oral communication.
- Previous experience in technically complex projects would be highly advantageous.
- The ability to thrive under pressure is essential, as there is requirement to work to tight timescales.
- An eye on long term development by identifying and implementing innovative and effective business improvements.
- You will also need an understanding of statutory and environmental constraints and have a willingness to develop into being fully conversant with the relevant legislation.
- Being a member of the RICS would be advantageous, but not essential.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.'
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.