|Position:||Land Consent Officer|
|Salary:||GBP38073 - GBP44257 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset, Berkshire, Thames Valley, Gloucestershire & Oxfordshire
We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots in the South of England.
Salary: £38,073 - £44,257 depending on skills and experience and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
We are looking for a Land Consents Officer to join our busy team!
As a Land Consents Officer you will ensure that connections projects are delivered through excellence in obtaining all the required consents to achieve the detailed construction design for cable routes, overhead lines and substations.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Source the relevant standardised legal licences and consents to deliver connections to meet customer and relevant third parties needs.
- Drive consenting quality and productivity to meet customer requirements and ensures the most appropriate and cost effective solutions are selected for execution, or providing consent design requirements into ITTs and reviewing tender returns.
- Negotiations with landowners and occupiers to obtain Consents, Deed of Servitudes/ Easements, tree cutting, purchase/ lease land for assets and to obtain necessary Planning and environmental permits. This provision will be for both connections and any reinforcement works associated with the connection at voltages up to and including 33kV.
- Promote safe working practices with employees, contractors or landowners/agents, challenging any unsafe act and conduct safety audits, environmental audits and design risk assessments.
- Undertake survey wayleave to seek consent in principle of all affected parties and instructs surveyors as appropriate remaining commercially aware to ensure the route is the most commercially viable for SSE and its customers and the least disruptive to the landowner and associated consultees.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A relevant qualification HNC such as RCIS, or equivalent qualification or business experience with significant practical experience in agriculture, forestry, surveying or the delivery of significant distribution or transmission projects within the electricity industry.
- Strong understanding of Distribution Networks and Power Distribution electrical operation and construction, from low voltage up to 33kV, as per ESQCR.
- Comprehensive understanding of current statutory processes for: Planning; Environmental; Conveyancing; Valuation; Ecology.
- Sound understanding of Supplier Relationship Management to source, deploy and manage external suppliers including managing contracts to meet KPIs and agreed targets.
- Excellent and experienced negotiator, with good knowledge of surveying, civil valuations and preparation of drawings.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.