|Position:||Junior/Graduate Contracts Manager - SGN|
|Salary:||GBP27685 - GBP34165 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Flexible across SGN bases - Southern England
Salary: £27,685 - £34,165 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible working patterns available
About the Company
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGN's commitments to keeping our customers' homes and businesses safe.
We're on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box - futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we're passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
What is the Role?
SGN Procurement & Commercial team is seeking to employ a Junior/Graduate Contracts Manager. The successful candidate will have responsibilities in both Pre-Contract Tendering Activity as well as Post-Award Contract Management for SGN's primary capital investment programme.
The role will provide a fantastic opportunity for personal and career development, with exposure to business and senior management stakeholders. You will also receive support from the wider Procurement team, when required. This development opportunity will provide experience in formal contract administration, risk mitigation, dispute resolution and supplier/stakeholder relationship management.
Pre-contract, you will work with the Senior Contracts Manager in undertaking procurement and contract management activities, capturing and managing demand and addressing senior stakeholder priorities across SGN's mains replacement, repair and maintenance programme. You will work to deliver an aggressive programme of contracts for the SGN business, ensuring works are delivered at the lowest cost to the Business.
- Capturing demand from the business and ensuring details are incorporated into development of Category Management Plans
- Negotiating and implementing bespoke forms of contracts to govern the established demand
- Managing call-off processes and variations for business-critical frameworks (Values of requirements range from £250k - £10m)
Post-contract, you will be involved in a number of high-value strategically critical framework and package works contracts. SGN currently have multiple frameworks in place delivering the demands of its multi-million-pound mains replacement programme (Annual value of supplier spend is greater than £100m). You will gain hands on commercial contract management experience as well as developing reporting and management plans whilst working with the Senior Contracts Manager to manage the risk of and addressing any contractual claims. The role will involve supporting SGN's operational stakeholders in delivering value for the business.
- Attending to regular meetings with key suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure all one-off and call-off contracts in their respective areas are being delivered satisfactorily
- Risk mitigation and management reporting, maintaining dialogue with relevant operational management teams, contract administration including supporting all commercial aspects of projects, cost negotiation and KPI monitoring. You will be expected to engage with mains replacement contractors at various monthly performance and review meetings as well as with key internal stakeholders such as SGN programme delivery teams, Finance, Legal and Safety teams
What do I need?
We are looking for a candidate who has an interest in developing in regulated procurement activity and post contract administration, including expenditure management and dispute resolution. To be successful in this role, you must be analytical and numerate with excellent writing skills, ideally gained through experience of working with goods, works or services contracts.
We're also looking for;
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of all MS Office applications, and purchase to pay systems
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, under pressure whilst still delivering quality output and prioritising requirements
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders and to influence and negotiate with users outside your own sphere of responsibility.
- A background in quantity surveying, procurement, commercial, law or finance would be desirable
- A willingness to travel across our Southern network region to meet on-going stakeholder and supplier demands.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you're interested in - you might have a skill we didn't realise we needed!
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible.
We also offer company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
We're quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…