|Position:||Junior Mechanical/Building Services Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: London
Salary: £35,000 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time with flexible working patterns available
About the Department
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
Due to increased demand across multiple projects we are currently recruiting for a Junior Mechanical/Building Services Engineer. You will be part of our Distributed Energy division working within an engineering team who deliver a large variety of projects in energy efficiency, buildings retrofit, low and zero carbon heating and cooling and renewable energy solutions.
Your role is to provide technical expertise and support for the commercial function of the business and can translate energy modelling results into a robust conceptual design.
Working closely with the Senior Engineer, you will work on conceptual design and calculations and provide engineering input for tender response.
You will also be expected to provide detailed analysis of various energy data. You will work with emerging technologies in heat and power generation and cogeneration (small scale), electric vehicles, energy storage, smart cities.
Skills & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or Buildings Services Engineering or equivalent and ideally you will be working towards achieving Chartership.
You will have:
- Demonstrable experience of various building services and understand implementation of various basic calculation methods within a buildings thermodynamic realm, fluids mechanics (water and air only).
- A working knowledge of main building services equipment (HVAC and Low Voltage) and basic HVAC equipment sizing knowledge is required (e.g. pumps, LV electrical panels).
- You will have a basic understanding of Project Management concepts and stages of a construction project
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain concepts in simple language is highly desirable.
- A passion about the transition to low carbon economy and excellent attention to detail is ideally what we are looking for.
Please notify your line manager before you submit your application.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.