|Salary:||GBP21584 - GBP28506 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Portsmouth
Salary: £21,584 - £28,506 plus Standby & Overtime, depending on skills and experience.
Working Pattern: 37 hours | Permanent | Full Time
About the Department
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
What is the Role?
We are looking for several Jointers and Jointers Mates to join our team, providing key support to our Cable Jointers and wider craftsperson teams. Your role will be varied, and will include a variety of duties including;
- Preparation and use of tools and machinery
- Preparation of work sites for various works
- Utilising basic jointing techniques to join cables
- Laying new cables for new connections and repairing faults on existing connections
- Assisting in preparing surfaces/sites for work (e.g. assembling barriers/signage for roadworks)
- Collecting materials; delivering materials to site; preparing and carrying out excavations
You'll be working and building a career in a supportive team, with a strong sense of development and process improvement, and where your input counts. This role is a unique opportunity to progress through a structured Level 2 training programme including learning on service alterations and connecting new connections to the low voltage (LV) network.
What do I need?
What do you need from me?
- Relevant experience working in a similar role is essential
- Sound knowledge of the Networks business, and the network we work on
- Experienced in use of digging tools, basic dead LV joining techniques and CAT1C exp.
- Track record in construction, repair & operation of electrical plant & equipment up to 11kV
- Full UK driving license
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.