|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Poole, New Forest, Yeovil, Salisbury, Hampshire, West London, Slough, Reading, Swindon, Melksham or Oxford
Salary: Circa £45,000 OTE
Base salary £26,120 - £34,500 + overtime + standby payments
And an additional range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Our teams are growing and achieving great results. You could be part of this exciting and challenging business that provides job security and the opportunity to develop.
SSEN are currently looking for experienced Cable Jointers to join our Southern Electric Power Distribution team. A Cable Jointer is at the heart of our network, helping us to power change and this is an opportunity to develop an exciting career and further authorisation within SSE. The role will include:
- Working on HV & LV Network, carrying out jointing, cabling and excavation work on a pre-planned and quick response basis
- Being responsible for the safety of yourself and colleagues, and acting as an ambassador for a strong safety culture in everything you do.
- This role can be demanding, and you'll be required to respond quickly to emergency situations; we want to provide the best possible service to our customers in their time of need. This will involve working outdoors in all weather conditions with a requirement to undertake out of hours standby duties and short notice attendance for storm situations.
- Acting as a strong ambassador for SSE Power Distribution, providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Identifying and implementing innovative and effective business improvements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- DNO Industry in UK or overseas recognised cable jointing qualifications in either LV, HV, 11kV or 33kV from a recognised training school.
- A proven track record in construction, repair and operation of electrical plant and equipment up to 11kV on DNO networks and should have a sound HV and LV electrical knowledge.
- Being flexible to complete out of hours stand-by duties and attend short notice work in the event of severe weather.
- Carrying out excavation of joint holes with hand tools and using a mini excavator, for which training can be provided should it be required.
- A high regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority, strong communication skills and an ability to convey technical aspects in a transferable manner, enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- It is an essential requirement you have a full UK driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jim on 01738 341514.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.