Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
IT Transformation Project Manager
Reading, Southern England
Up to GBP550 per day + listed in ad
IT Transformation Project Manager - Physical IT Separation Programme
- We are a leading health and home consumer goods company seeking to optimise our business operations and assets and are creating new operational and legal entities.
- We are seeking a talented project manager to help improve department structuring, delivery of SAP ERP templates to our other operations currently working within other ERP suites, optimise our shared service functions and improve consolidated financial reporting. We need physical separation of the underlying IT estate to enable the business autonomy required to meet our objectives.
We have recently realigned our business activities under two core units. This programme has been created to implement the transformation required to enable each of these units to work together as our business develops.
As these units are subject to different regulation standards, utilising shared resources places agility at the most restrictive level. As a result, we are seeking to create separate application and infrastructure environments for each unit in order for them to work independently at differing paces.
The IT Transformation Project Manager Role:
- You will report directly to the Programme Director and will assume responsibility for both driving programme delivery across the full scope of the project as well as ensuring continuous management of programme PMO, including risks, dependencies, actions and deliverables tracking and management.
- Manage inputs from all project managers and take responsibility for dependency management via plan tasks and QA plan updates against delivery timelines.
- Identify dependencies within planned delivery between the programme and other projects.
- Own all core PMO activities, e.g actions log, governance reporting, critical path reporting.
- General stakeholder expectations management e.g progress, issues, dependencies
- Validate compliance with governance requirements, including control around deliverable status, alignment of projects to Toll Gates, and ensuring project managers are engaged with compliance resources.
- Support Programme Director and Leads in overseeing management of external vendors across all subsidiary projects.
- Provide QA to support the deliverable structure and ensure project readiness for Toll Gates.
- Manage readiness for and engagement with internal/external audit teams.
- Identify all required escalations and ensure Programme Director visibility
- Support vendor and contractor selection via RfP curation (alongside professional procurement resource) and interviews/downselection
- Support OCM resources and the wider team in the creation of communications/OCM content in support of the overall programme at the highest levels (i.e. to CIO and exec) and also supporting projects and workstreams in the alignment of comms and messaging to ensure consistency in programme interaction with the business.
- Ensure alignment of the programme and its output deliverables and the wider compliance team and its requirements for specific deliverable types and applications.
- Support the Programme Director in oversight of the programme budget forecasting, working with project leads to update forecast spend and liaising with project Finance resources to manage forecast vs actual spend.
- Support the programme manager and programme director in programme governance and delivery against the governance model, including assisting in the preparation for the key Weekly Programme Tier 4 playback sessions, the Programme Governance Board, BU Engagement Boards, Funding Scrum, and all other relevant sessions.
- Experience in project/workstream management, such as risk/issue identification, resource management, mitigation, delivery planning, reporting.
- Knowledge of various project and programme management methodologies including Lean, Agile, Waterfall, PRINCE 2, MSP, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of various relevant IT areas - especially public or private cloud, SAP ERP, Oracle ERP, interface design and separation, contracts and licencing remediation, data warehousing/data lakes
- Cross functional team building
- Ability to work under pressure, with core problem solving skills and an ability to both prioritise and be pragmatic
- Ability to manage and interact with offshore/onshore resources, both our firm and vendors
- Experience of project planning and dependency management with tools like SmartSheet
- Ability to manage various external specialist third parties, including an ability to quality assure delivery and manage output
- Ability to support, guide and hold to account project management resources for delivery
- Past experience with risk management and mitigation.
- Confident interaction with internal stakeholders involved in providing service to customers
- Experience in vendor delivery relationship management.
If you think this role could be a good fit for you, please call Annie on 02077806700.
IT Transformation Project Manager
Duration: Contract / 6 months
Day Rate: £550 per day
Agency: Anson McCade
Contact: Annie McIlhatton
listed in ad