|Position:||IT Risk Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Havant or Reading
Salary: up to £58,000 (depending on skills and experience) plus bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What is the Role?
As IT Risk Manager you'll drive the adoption of the risk management framework. Working collaboratively with management you'll define, communicate and measure key risk and controls for IT risks and provide assurance on the effectiveness of controls and confirm compliance with obligations. You'll be responsible for providing key management information to enable the IT Leadership to make decisions.
What do I need
With a focus on continuous improvement, you'll have significant experience of delivering IT risk, compliance or assurance activities alongside experience of designing or reviewing IT processes and their controls as well as performing risk assessments.
You'll also need to demonstrate:
- Good knowledge of IT governance frameworks such as COBIT 5, ISO31000 (Risk), ISO27005 (Cyber risk), ISO38500 (Corporate Governance of IT) and their interactions
- Ability to perform Risk/Return analysis
- Ability to work in matrix environments
- Quality management (ISO9000)
- Ability to understand strategy, structure and governance framework
- Working knowledge of IT and operational risk, IT and enterprise architecture, IT strategy and IT outsourcing, service management and delivery
- Working knowledge of audit and assurance methods
- Full IT project lifecycle experience
- Industry standards, regulation and legislation knowledge (OFGEM, CNI, BEIS)
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies (LEAN, 6SIGMA,AGILE)
As a fluent communicator with high attention to detail, you'll also demonstrate significant experience of effectively engaging with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with myself Jane Freeman, or sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.